Pages

7/26/2009

Come goal with me...

Inspired by the lovely Dee Tenorio (who will be here answering a few questions August 3rd!) I decided to write down a few goals, hoping others would join me. They can be about anything. Writing, health, financial, personal...anything you'd like to say sooner rather than later that you've accomplished. In a few months, we can check in and see how we've done. Since I don't make New Year's resolutions, I thought this would be less stress and more fun. And goals don't have to imply drudgery, either. If what you want most right now is a tattoo, that counts!

I'm going for one goal right now, though I have others. Others I can't control, mostly, though I can take steps assuming an eventual outcome. But still, I'm not in control of those things. This one, I am.

I want to always tell engaging stories that MATTER. To me, first, and to readers second. I never want to lose sight of the people whose tales I've chosen to tell, and I want to always tell those stories honestly. No pulling punches, even if the content hits too close to home.

What about you? What are your goals?

*One more thing to report: I submitted my second story! I am now a multi-submitted author. Doesn't have the same ring as multi-published, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere! ;)

4 comments:

Amy Ruttan said...

Congrats on subbing again! WOOT!

Helen Hardt said...

I love that goal! In fact, I'm going to steal it, LOL. Too often we lose sight of writing what MATTERS just to get words on the page. For example, like I've told you before, if I'm not fantasizing about my hero(es), I know something's not working. I need to take time to get to know my characters. If they don't matter to me, they won't matter to a reader.

Christina Phillips said...

Congrats on subbing your second story, Cari!

I love your goal too. My current goal is to lick my bad ass angel into shape without too much blood being spilled!!

TaraLeigh said...

I love that you said this.
THIS : I want to always tell engaging stories that MATTER.

I'm going to haunt you with this. I promise you. When you keep shoving Gabe into the back of your schedule, I'm going to bring this post up and hang it off your nose.

LOL

*muah*

You know I love you.


And my goal is to write what I love. So as usual, we are SAB again.

LOL