Pages

10/12/2009

Welcome Becca Simone, author of Midnight Treat


It's almost Halloween and I'm very excited to welcome Becca Simone, author of Midnight Treat, the #1 bestseller at the The Wild Rose Press Wilder Roses. Becca generously agreed to answer some questions about her scorching Halloween-themed release. Buy it here.


1) Midnight Treat is your debut release. What juicy details can you tell us about Josh and Cassie?


Well, as of right this moment, it’s #1. What an awesome feeling. I love my characters in this story, especially my heroine. I think a lot of readers can relate to her because she’s just like us. She’s not beautiful, she’s of average size and weight, she has a regular job—just your average Jane. She’s always the one in her group of friends who goes home alone, who is the designated driver, who never gets the guy. Until Halloween night. Josh breaks into her apartment by mistake, thinking he’s about to fulfill the naughty sexual fantasy of a woman he met at a Halloween party. Cassie knows immediately his mistake, but chooses not to tell him he has the wrong woman. For just one night, she wants to be the right woman.



2) Nothing is quite as sexy as a Halloween story. (I may be a wee bit biased since it is my favorite holiday and all...) There's just something about putting on a costume and letting go of your inhibitions. How did you come up with the idea for Midnight Treat?


I remember a friend telling me once that she’d gone to a costume party with what she thought was a one-of-a-kind costume. Turns out she was wrong. Her friends kept getting her mixed up with the other woman. That idea stewed in my head a long time, just waiting for the perfect story. When I decided to try my hand at writing erotica, that’s the idea that screamed to be written. Which leads to your next question.


3) Are you new to erotic romance? And what made you decide to take the big plunge?

Yes, Midnight Treat is my first published work. I’ve been writing for years (straight contemporary), and always enjoyed reading really hot stories. A couple of my good friends write erotica, and while I loved reading their works, it never really dawned on me that I could write it. I’m shy and somewhat conservative, for goodness sake! But after a big-time agent rejected one of my manuscripts a couple of years ago and I later ran into her at a conference, I asked her if she had any suggestions for me. She said she thought I had the ability to write REALLY hot and suggested I try it. So I did. And I love it. I have so many ideas, I wish I had all the time in the world to write them.



4) For the aspiring authors among us: what is one thing you wish you'd known before getting published?


I wish I’d known how much time goes into marketing and promo. I would have come up with a plan before I’d sold, rather than running around like a chicken with its head cut off.


5) What else are you working on right now? Any upcoming releases we should know about?


I have an upcoming full-length release under my real name, but because my mother googles my name daily and I really don’t want her to know this side of me (nor do I want my conservative boss to know…YIKES), that name shall remain, um, nameless. I’m currently working on three erotica short stories/novellas which I hope to submit by the end of the year. This is a busy time for me in my “real” job and personal life (yes, writing is a real job, too, but it’s so much fun writing erotica, it doesn’t feel like work), that I don’t have much writing time.


6) And for fun: boxers, briefs or...nothing at all? ;)


Hmm, that’s a hard one (no pun intended). My DH looks awesome in all three. Do I have to choose? Maybe I’ll go make him model all three, then I’ll get back to you. :)


Want to find out more about Becca or her books?  Visit http://beccasimone.com/

16 comments:

J.A. Saare / Aline Hunter said...

Great interview, Becca. The story looks great, I've put it on my TBR list!

Jaime

Shawna Thomas said...

I loved this interview! Great job, Cari!

Becca, I loved Midnight Treat. I sat down to read half of it before starting dinner and couldn't stop. Dinner was late but it was so worth it!

Congratulations on the #1 spot. : )

Lia Slater said...

Great interview, Cari and Becca! I read Midnight Treat and loved it. Glad you took that agent's advice. :-) Congrats!

Kaye Manro said...

Nicely done, Becca and Cari! A story I plan to read asap!

TaraLeigh said...

Oh, I just knew this would be a big deal for you, Cari. LOL You do LOVE your Halloween.
Sounds like a great story.
Esp, the everyday chick aspect.

Becca Simone said...

Hi everyone. Thanks for coming to *see* me. I meant to stop by earlier but had to head into Seattle unexpectedly and just got home.

Cari--thanks so much for having me here. You have a great blog.

J.A--You're so sweet. I hope you like it.

Lynne & Lia--I fully expect one of your stories to be bumping me from the #1 spot any day now. :)

Kaye and Taraleigh---thanks so much for coming by.

:)Becca

Shelley Munro said...

Congrats on your recent release. I love the sound of an ordinary heroine deciding to grasp an out of the blue opportunity. :)

Maureen said...

Great interview Becca! Definately on my TBR list, I love the concept of the story.
Maureen

Christina Phillips said...

Congrats on your debut release and on hitting the #1 spot, Becca!

Kaily Hart said...

Great interview Cari. Halloween is also my favorite holiday by far. Congratulations Becca on the #1 spot. That must feel so awesome!

Becca Simone said...

I was in the middle of replying about 2 hours ago, then we lost power. Big windstorm outside. But power's back on, thank goodness.


Shelley and Maureen, I love this concept too. I love reading and writing about "ordinary" women getting extraordinary men. :)

Christina--Your story, Foretaste of Forever, was the very first one I'd downloaded from TWRP. What a romantic read that was.

Kaily, it is a great feeling being number one. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Took a screen shot. Told all my friends. I'm enjoying my 15 minutes of "fame."

Emma Lai said...

Fun premise, Becca. Definitely need to pick up a copy!

Rebecca J. Clark said...

Hi Emma! How are you feeling these days? How's the sweet baby?

Christina Phillips said...

Oh! Thank you Becca!

Helen Hardt said...

I'm totally late -- humble apologies to my esteemed CP, Cari ;). This has been a week of exhaustion after RomantiCon. I'm still not caught up.

Becca, it's always great to meet a fellow Scarlet Rose! Many contratulations on the success of Midnight Treat, and I'm looking forward to delving into it ;). Sounds like a perfect steamy read!

Becca Simone said...

Oh, Helen, no need to apologize for being "late." I'm queen of being late to blogs. :)

I met one of your chapter mates at my recent conference. I'm sure I'll butcher her name, but "Channah"? What a sweet woman--I sat next to her at a meal, and we waited in line together to pitch.

Thanks for stopping by.

:)Becca