Pages

11/06/2011

Six Sentence Sunday...Hot Text part one

It's here! Hot Text, my latest Ellora's Cave release, came out this past Wed. 11/2. In this scene, Jeff and Karyn have just met for the first time...with results neither expected. ;)




“Mr. Maddox,” Karyn interrupted, lifting a brow, “I appreciate your concern, but you should save your breath because Lon and I are not reconciling.”

“But if you’d just—”

“Do you know how many orgasms I’ve had with him in the last three years?”

Again Jeff appeared stunned, his pupils widening as he opened and closed his mouth like a guppy. Then he shook his head.

“Few enough that it's lucky for him I have minimal needs or I might have divorced him a long time ago.”





Hot Text's blurb, excerpt and buy link are HERE (also available on Amazon, with more retail outlets available soon.)


Find more Six Sentence Sunday goodness HERE.

19 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Yes, I don't think Jeff was expecting that comment. Hehe! Great six!

Jocelyn Adams said...

Intriguing. Would love to read the next scene to that one. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Cari! Love the six (and that sexy cover)! It's great reading you, my friend! Hope you have a fantastic Sunday!

KaceyHammell said...

oh wow, poor guy is left floundering. love a woman who speaks her mind too :D
great six, Cari !!

Nina Pierce said...

Very hot cover. Hmmm...I do wonder what he's going to do with this information. Congrats on the new release.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I doubt he was expecting that to come out of her mouth. You can feel her frustration, can't say I blame her ;)

Taryn Elliott said...

*snicker*
STILL lovin' all over that covah, woman!

OH and.....psst.
Happy Anniversary. ;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for another new release!

Emily Cale said...

Ha! That is fantastic. Love the snappy dialogue. Congrats on the release.

Unknown said...

Love her directness. Sounds like a verra interesting lil' meeting.

Siobhan Muir said...

"Again Jeff appeared stunned, his pupils widening as he opened and closed his mouth like a guppy." HA! That should rock his world. Great six, Cari! :)

Graylin Fox said...

Oh my, I love the "mouth like a guppy" part. I can see it so clearly.

Vivien Dean said...

Ha, I love her directness. Thanks for sharing!

Meg Maguire said...

Well done as always, Cari! Great six.

Christine Warner said...

lol...love her! Sounds like a fun read. Congrats on your release :)

Laura Kaye said...

Congrats on your release! Fun, smart six!

Alix said...

I love your snippets. Fabulous writing as always!

Anonymous said...

Wooh! She really caught him off guard with that comment! He didn't see that one coming at all! Great six!

D Carney said...

*snicker* I LIKE her!

Crystal Posey said...

HA HA HA! Love this!