Pages

3/31/2009

April Goalapalooza

Yes, I'm trying to amp myself up to kick royal writing booty in April. I've made some serious progress lately - finally finished editing my LAST draft of VT at 2:30 this morning and sent it off for critique, then today I wrote my query letter and my synopsis. Synopsis isn't where it needs to be yet, but it's a good rough draft. Which means this baby's going to be in the mail by the end of the week...no excuses!

Onto April...

This month, I intend to get caught up on a lot of little things that affect productivity...email that needs to be sorted and replied to, filing - both virtual and physical - and spring cleaning. But most importantly, this month I'm going to WRITE! No more letting that slide. So my goals are...

1) To write a 10-15,000 word Nocturne Bite, tentatively titled Moonfever, along with the synopsis and two paragraph pitch. Update...pitch written and submitted!

2) To write my approx. 10,000 word erotic short Type Dirty To Me, along with the synopsis and query

That's it! I will post at least weekly with updates on my progress, or maybe a little more often if I need a boost. Or to vent. ;)

Here's to a productive April!

6 comments:

Super_Kiwi said...

Go you -- well done for crossing the line with VT! And get it mailed woman, no excuses now ;)

I love the idea of Moonfever, and I cannot wait to see where you take that. I wanna see progress woman!!

Your short sounds really good, dirty talk huh ;)

Good luck Cari, you're making really good headway!

Kaye Manro said...

Good for you, Cari! Great on the VT. Good luck with the synopsis-- not my favorite thing to do.

Great goals-- I'm glad you are doing a Nocturne Bite-- up my alley if you have any questions...

And good luck with the erotica-- sounds like you and I are on the same track this month!

Helen Hardt said...

First of all, great news about VT! Just trudge through with the synopsis. You can do it. And send me your NB pitch -- I'd love to read it!

Okay, we need to spur each other on this month, because I've been letting my writing slide, too. And that's got to stop. This time last year, I had written over 100K already. This year? I'm at a little over 30K. Time to bring out the big guns. April Madness!

Christina Phillips said...

oh WOW! You've submitted your pitch already? that's fantastic, congratulations! And congrats on finishing editing VT!!

Sarah Simas said...

Thanks, Cari for a wonderful dose of inspiration! I have been stagnet on my writing and need a good kick in the...uh, rear? lol Hanging out with you ladies is good for this newbie!

TaraLeigh said...

WOOT!! Yay!! I'm glad to hear the NO EXCUSES thing!! Bring on the next bit of fun for me to read! YAY!