Pages

3/21/2009

First Author Interview...and h/h from Damned

This week's goals: To complete editing VT, finish writing Query and Synopsis and get them in the mail. Finally!

Thanks for everyone's congratulations for finishing VT last week! I'm in hardcore editing mode tonight, under a strict deadline to get the bleeping thing out the door.

But ideas are percolating for my next full length project, my Urban Fantasy, Damned. Shea's an empathic former nun who can connect with the dead, and Gabe's a murdered rockstar stuck in Purgatory who needs to save human souls to finally save his own. I found Shea while watching TV tonight, and her name is Christina Hendricks. Apparently, she stars on Mad Men, though I don't watch much TV, so I had no clue. For Gabe, I picked the late Michael Hutchence of INXS, the perfect broody singer to inspire my own.

Here are a couple pics for your viewing pleasure. See what you think!



Monday, March 23rd is my first author interview. Michelle Rowen, fantastic author of paranormal romances and YAs, along with writing futuristic romantic suspense as Michelle Maddox, will be stopping by to answer a few of my questions. Best of all, she'll be giving away a copy of Stakes & Stilettos, her fabulous March 31st release, to a lucky commenter! Please stop by!

3 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Very good story premise, Cari! I love it. It sounds like you could turn this into a Nocturne type story if you wanted to do that. Love the photos too.

You're having an author's day the same time I am! So we'll visit each other's party. My author is Nocturne's Caridad Pineiro.

See ya tomorrow.

Super_Kiwi said...

Wow -- I love the pics and the storyline is VERY appealing I too have slipped into more paranormal of late so this is very appealing and using MH for your muse, who better seriously? I love the whole murdered RS thing -- love it. Wish you the best on your next journey with them :)

Helen Hardt said...

Great photos! I love the premise. It's always exciting to start a new project!

H.