Pages

2/21/2009

Goals...and an Excerpt (Adult)

Since my fellow goal-maker Tara is soon to be off on vacation attending a Bon Jovi concert and engaging in general drunken revelry, I'm doing the goal thing on my own this week. This goal is simple and succinct: Virgin Territory will be finished by the next time Tara and I meet for critique on March 6th. End of story.

I hope. ;)

Now for the fun stuff. I figured since I'm not published yet, it was time to put a little of my work out there for the masses. Or the few people who visit this blog. Whichever. *g* Enjoy!

Quick disclaimer: the below scene is a HOT, OVER 18 excerpt from the very first draft of my much maligned, soon to be complete Blaze in training, Virgin Territory. I always loved this scene, but it ended up on the cutting room floor during revisions (with most of the first - and second - draft, LOL.)



Vincent awoke in stages, content to float in that netherworld between consciousness and sleep while Kiki’s hands roused him as gently as a warm bath. With each breath, he inhaled her scent, with each taste, he longed for more.

Turning into her, he coaxed her tongue into his mouth, swallowing her moan as he slid his right hand under her sweater. Her skin was flame-hot, but her mouth burned hotter as it blazed a trail down his throat. Murmuring his approval as her lips moved over his torso, he arched into her seeking touch when she slid down his boxers.

This time, he was the one who moaned, and what he moaned was her name.

Kiki, not Katherine.

She took him into her mouth, but when his hips rose off the mattress, the involuntary movement sent his shoulder into an agonizing spasm. “Jesus,” he gasped, his eyes flying open.

In an instant, Kiki was beside him. “Sorry. God, I’m sorry.”

“It wasn’t you. Well, it was, but not…” He rolled onto his back, flexing and releasing his good hand as he counted to ten. “I’m okay,” he managed, feeling the mattress shift under her weight as she got up. “Just give me thirty seconds.”

He heard her derisive snort, then she was back again, supporting his weight with the arm she curved around his back while she carefully urged him up. “Drink this,” she instructed, tipping back the glass she held to his lips.

He drank, not because he was thirsty, but because he sensed she needed to do something. “I should’ve let you sleep.”

Vincent pushed the glass away. “Hell, no, you shouldn’t have.”

“Do you want your pills?”

“No.” He skimmed his thumb over her cheekbone, shifting his head so he could see her eyes in the shadowy moonlight. They were shaken and huge, and absolutely beautiful. “I want you.”

“Vincent-”

“Don’t Vincent me,” he murmured, setting the glass on the nightstand before awkwardly drawing her back down. “You can’t leave me now, not when I’m in pain. You’re not that cruel.”

Kiki made a face, but she was smiling when his mouth found hers again. He could tell she was holding back, so he stroked her breast through her sweater, determined to make that impossible. “No,” she whispered, darting out of his reach. “Not like this.”

Incapable of holding himself up on his good arm a second longer, Vincent flopped onto the mattress. “Not like what?” he asked wearily.

“If we’re going to play, we’ll play my way,” she told him, rubbing her palm against his stomach as she flicked her tongue over his nipple. “You can’t move. No matter what I do or how it feels, you have to lie still.”

It already felt damn good. “You drive a hard bargain, Wyatt,” he mumbled, shutting his eyes in the hopes of delaying his own excitement. Looking at her while she was bent over him like that, her mouth sending electric shocks zipping along his skin…

“Speaking of hard,” she said, amusement tingeing her words as she scraped her nails just above the waistband of his boxers. Her mouth moved lower, then lower still, until she was running her tongue down the length of him while he recited the twelve times table in his head to keep from grabbing hold of her hair.

“You’re developing more control. I’m impressed,” she said silkily, her breath caressing his shaft through the wet streak she’d left on the material still between them.

He opened his eyes when she freed him from his boxers, needing to watch as she used her mouth on him. “Twelve times twelve. It’s 144. I think. Maybe not. Don’t stop.”

“I’m not going to. But you have to keep your promise.”

He’d promised nothing, but he had no desire to have another spasm ruin this moment. Even without his glasses, he could fill in the dots as she licked his cock like he was her favorite flavor of ice cream on a hot summer day, and the sight ranked right up there as one of the most luscious he’d ever witnessed.

His skin dampened with perspiration as she sucked him deeper, and he released a shaky breath as his arousal reached a fever pitch. He hated to end this, hated to leave the yielding glove of her mouth. “Kiki, now you do have to stop,” he whispered.

She shook her head, milking him with her lips and tongue until his muscles burned with frantic expectation. His right hand fisted at his side, but he knew there wasn’t a timestable he could think of to keep him from responding to the erotic demand she’d issued without saying a word.

“I’m going to come,” Vincent warned, sure she’d ease back. But she didn’t, continuing even when he thrust into her mouth and let out a long groan as his orgasm rocked his body.

He didn’t move for several minutes, just gulped air into his quaking lungs. He knew he should say something – thank you sprung immediately to mind – but decided he should keep his trap shut until he came up with something more appropriate.

Only problem was, the exhaustion he’d been fighting since yesterday had grown teeth. Damnit, not now, he ordered himself, urgently trying to focus. But to his cloudy, disjointed mind, Kiki crawling up his body seemed far away, like it was happening to someone else.

A heartbeat later, he was asleep.

#

Kiki stared at him, sure he was only enjoying the afterglow of what had clearly been a very satisfying climax. She was shaking, too, just as he’d been until a few seconds ago, and the ache between her legs was now a throb. She didn’t expect a full bout of sex, but she expected…

Something. Quick.

But when he started to snore, she realized the only something she was going to get was what she’d give herself.

7 comments:

Super_Kiwi said...

Holy Hotness Batman, That was SCORCHING Hot! I loved it.

LMAO that he fell asleep, and that he was reciting the twelve times table in his head. LOL... I loved that. If this is what was cut, I wanna see what's in it!

Way to go and good luck for the goal!

April Vine said...

It’s Sunday morning here and suddenly I’m wide awake….hubby will be too in the next few minutes…
Cari!!!! That was super hot!!!!
And so, so ORIGINAL.
I agree with SoulGirl, if that didn’t make it, I’m extremely eager to see what did.
Extra good luck with your goals.

Kaye Manro said...

Nice excerpt Cari! I loved the glove of her mouth thing. Original and hot. There must be some very good reasons why this was cut.

Christina Phillips said...

Cari, I really enjoyed this scene! Scorching hot and with humour too (which I love!) and I agree with the others - if this was cut, I'd love to see what you kept in!!

Helen Hardt said...

I'm so glad you posted this! It's awesome. As you know, I love your voice!

Joviswoman said...

Damn! That was wonderful, I snuck in to have a look and THAT's what greeted me :)

Veeeeeeeery nice.

TaraLeigh said...

Good grief, woman! I do love when Kiki takes control. Pooooor Vincent. He's going to feel like SUCH an ass when he wakes up! LOL

I love how you add in the 'injury' just to screw with sex scenes. LOL What we won't do for sex. ;)