Pages

2/04/2009

Progress Wednesday 2/4

How a goal-setter falls off the wagon...

First, the good news. I spent some time editing VT last night after I posted. The bad? I spent way longer than 45 minutes on the internet today. When I'm tired, all my willpower goes out the window. Plus, I have trouble modifying my behavior without taking an "all or nothing" approach. The minute I allow myself a little leeway, next thing I know I'm off track. Tonight my main goal is getting some sleep, so that I can start accomplishing this week's goals. Sheesh!

And now for my much belated 6 Things That Make Me Happy list. I was tagged by my good friend Helen Hardt a couple weeks ago, and I've finally gotten around to posting my answers.

1) My family and friends
2) Sleeping in! (if I had someone to play under the covers with, that would be even better...)
3) Watching SU men's basketball...especially when we're winning!
4) Curling up with a book, preferably Jeaniene Frost's or JD Robb's latest
5) Writing (on the good days...on the bad, well, that's for another list, LOL)
6) Savoring a hot cup of coffee on a cold night

If you'd like to play along, post your own list on your blog. I'm off to watch the SU game. We neeeeed to win! ;)

5 comments:

April Vine said...

Hey, Cari, great list.
I’m an all or nothing person too. This week I’m trying a bit of reverse psychology. Eat the whole box of chocolates, April, and not just two. Spend the entire day on the internet and not just one hour. Let’s see what happens.
Good luck keeping up with your goals

Super_Kiwi said...

Ohh love the list too!! I did it, I couldn't resist! hehe.

And hey, I don't know how you manage to NOT use the net at work when you are being strong, seriously that is was KEEPS my sanity at work LOL

Kaye Manro said...

Do I ever understand that willpower thing! I think you are doing great. So Don't be too hard on yourself.

And oh yeah, we are thinking the same about the coffee!

Helen Hardt said...

Ah, sleeping in! That's the best. Great list!

Helen

Amy Ruttan said...

Great list.

I fell off the goal wagon last night. Darn cool history documentary about The British Museum.